Ramin T. Montakab has been in the legal industry since 2008, starting as a litigation consultant working with expert witnesses on complex trials. His practice has primarily focused on business and real estate litigation. Mr. Montakab litigated at mid-size and national litigation firms, representing fortune 500 companies in civil litigation, contractors in construction defect cases, and financial institutions in secured lending litigation. Mr. Montakab also worked at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company, counseling corporate executives on financial and legal issues including estate planning, executive compensation, wealth transfer strategies, and tax planning.
- Mr. Montakab has represented the country's largest financial institutions in wrongful foreclosure litigation including claims under the California Homeowners' Bill of Rights (HBOR), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and Real Estate Fraud.
- Trial Experience: Mr. Montakab successfully represented a grocery store chain in a ten-day jury trial obtaining a complete defense verdict in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange.
- Trial Experience: Mr. Montakab was one of two trial attorneys in a complex civil matter, successfully reaching a verdict for Plaintiff in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
Mr. Montakab has handled complex litigation matters in state, federal, and appellate courts. These have included lawsuits involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, products liability, malicious prosecution, and contract disputes. He also advises start-up companies and established businesses. He advises on corporate entity formation, negotiates and drafts buy-sell agreements, non-competition agreements, asset sales, stock sales, commercial leases, licensing agreements, and other business transactions.
Mr. Montakab graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, and received his Juris Doctorate from University of San Diego School of Law. At USD Law, Mr. Montakab was awarded a Student Leader Scholarship award and awarded first place in a Mock Trial competition.
He is admitted to practice before all California state courts and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation and Contracts
- Real Estate Litigation and Contracts
- Trial Practice
- Complex Litigation
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Bar